2011年6月4日 星期六

604 Best1on1

unscrupulous -- describe someone who is unmoral

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=591389
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gNWOGe2qDGa6Wl0e0ILfrpDomvxA?docId=CNG.871d6ceaf93465b9db0644b930cabf59.631
http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2011/06/03/china-food-safetya-darkness-falls-on-taiwans-night-markets/ - no night markets

If only the bus had waited for me - then. I would not be late...
If only the bus would stop for me...


1. Fall out with    ---   have a dispute with someone
2. Take on ---  employ
3. Take over --- control
4. Give up  ---  stop

Never give up on your hopes and dreams.
We took on six new assistants since last year.
She took over as assistant manger when Mr. Jones retired.
The worst thing you can do fall out with is your boss.


This form can be used when referring to habitual action.
e.g. I wish he would communicate more
If only he wouldn’t change his mind so much
Other expressions which have a similar meaning but take the past tense:
• Would rather e.g. I’d rather you listened more
• As if/as though e.g. He speaks as if/though he knows the answer
As if you didn’t know
• Suppose/supposing e.g. Just suppose someone was watching the game.
Supposing I say I want this player?
• It’s time e.g. It’s about time we spoke about a new strategy
It’s about time
It’s high time

沒有留言: