http://www.ted.com/talks/candy_chang_before_i_die_i_want_to
Candy Chang is an artist. She believes in that people in the same community could help each other to improve lives. For example, she used stickers to know how much her neighbor paid to rent their apartment. After losing a close friend in 2009, Candy spent a lot of time thinking about how she wanted to live for the rest of her life. After she spent a long time of grief, she started to feel gratitude for the time they had together. However, she struggled to maintain this perspective. Candy wondered how other people overcame similar struggles. So she decided to utilize the abandoned building near where she lives and invited her neighbors to share their thoughts by writing on the side wall of this abandoned building. Anyone walking by are invited to write whatever they think after a sentence "Before I die I want to ____". On the next day the wall was filled out and kept growing. Now this simple idea has become a global art project in many countries such as Australia, South Africa, Argentina, etc... Candy hope this activity could help people to rethink about their lives through thinking about death. Thinking about death could help us clarify what are the most valuable things in our life.
Taiwan: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Before-I-die-I-want-to/680630571991647
沒有留言:
張貼留言